Information Processing PLC Course in Bridgetown College (5M2067)
Our Post-Leaving Certificate course provides an invaluable opportunity for people to develop their Information Technology and Business skills. Our course is intended for school leavers, those changing careers, graduates and adults returning to work. Further Education gives people a chance to go straight into employment or to use their newly acquired points to gain access to other courses through the CAO points system.
- One-year full-time course, beginning in September 2019, open to all applicants on a first-come first-served basis.
- No prior knowledge is required. All subjects are taught by friendly staff from “absolute beginner” level, in a supportive learning environment. Students do not need to have completed any training in the use of computers before beginning this course. Instruction is tailored to meet the needs of each individual student.
- Assessments submitted throughout the year rather than end-of-year exams. By completing assignments continuously during the year, this eases the level of stress or pressure on those attending the course and is designed to avoid an academic burden at the end of the year.
- We are particularly interested in helping mature students to update their skills in this area, either with a view to returning to the workforce or simply to improve self-confidence in this area. Participation by mature students is facilitated as we offer a flexible timetable to coincide with primary school hours. The course is timetabled to facilitate those who wish to juggle family life with a return to education. We particularly welcome mature students and have had a lot of success in helping our graduates to secure employment at the end of the course.
- The QQI Level 5 Certificate is invaluable as a stepping-stone for progression to a third level course, further education or for improving skills before employment. The majority of our graduates progress to Further Education or Third Level courses after successful completion of our Post-Leaving Certificate course.
8 Subjects include:
Word Processing, Web Authoring,
Database Methods, Spreadsheet Methods
Information Communication Systems, Communications
The Internet and Work Experience
Simply call in for an application form or download one from the College Website.
PLC Co-ordinator: Ms. Mairéad Redmond
We are also interested in hearing from any employers who would like to sign up to our Work experience program, whereby students will complete one day each week in an office environment to consolidate their newly acquired skills.
For further information please contact email@example.com